Monday, July 20, 2009

Rewards

The rewarding part of gardening is just beginning..


We've been enjoying new potatoes (boiled until tender, toss with butter, fresh chives and parsley, salt and pepper)

And a few other tasty treats:

I'm waiting patiently for tomatoes. Is anyone else eating garden tomatoes yet? Maybe mine are just slow!

6 comments:

Kirsten said...

Lookin' good! Love the little hand pics! I'm wondering if we're going to get anything out of our garden. I was looking at our neighbor's corn yesterday and it is as tall as me...ours is about to my knee!

Christy P. said...

We've had a few small tomatoes -- Golden Nugget and Matt's Wild Cherry. No slicers yet.

Christie said...

I guess I should edit.. after this morning's gardening, I discovered (and ate) 2 ripe cherry tomatoes, plus discovered that some of the carrots were ready. The boys were most excited.

amelia said...

The birds ate (and continue eating) most of our garden. It's those stupid quails!

Becky said...

I love the photography skills for these pictures. I like that you have all these veggies in cute little hands. I also am very impressed with the garden.

Andrew just asked me today why our tomatoes are not ripe yet. I'm glad to hear that our tomatoes are normal if yours are not red yet either.

Melinda said...

I love the chubby little hands holding the treasures!