


Above are pictures of my newest niece and nephews. Aren't they cute? Each of my siblings have had a baby in the past year and we decided we could not be left behind. In case you are unaware, we're having another baby in January. I'm officially in the 2nd trimester now which means happier times for me (and the rest of my family). It also means that the baby is roughly the size of a lime.. cool, eh? My morning sickness has been relatively mild, but I have this painful condition where I'm hungry every 20 minutes but nothing sounds good to eat. Because I feel like I've been obsessed with what my next snack will be, I will provide a list of foods that have kept me and the baby nourished over the last 3 months as well as foods that I hate to even mention because they make me want to barf.
Good Food
1- Cheerios
2- Bananas (must be on the green side) as well as most any other fruit-- especially grapes, nectarines, watermelon, strawberries... whatever I have on hand will do.
3-Grilled cheese dipped in ketchup (Thanks to
Christy for this one)
4- Colby jack cheese (served with ritz crackers and some grapes)
5- Multigrain toaster waffles with Adams crunchy peanut butter
6- Smoothies- Aloha Pineapple from Jamba is especially tasty but more regularly I make them at home with vanilla yogurt, milk, oj, frozen blueberries, banana, strawberries, etc.
Bad Food
1-Hummus (this one is the worst.. blech)
2-Salsa (usually on the top of my favorite food list... sigh)
3-Any other food with too many onions
4- Hamburgers (even the good ones off the grill have no appeal)
5- Leftovers, even if it was delicious the 1st time around
On a non-food related note, I usually love to read, but haven't been able to stay awake to read anything in the past 3 months. Instead of my evening reading, I've been setting the DVR so I can watch So You Think You Dance and The Next Food Network Star. Quality. There was also a phase where my blog made me sick, but I guess I'm over that now. Allright.. I'm off to make myself a snack.
10 comments:
HAHAHA, "There was also a phase where my blog made me sick" - I'm glad you documented your food trials, though. Why do ridiculously overpriced smoothies always sound like the only good thing to eat during pregnancy? I need to learn to make my own, too.
So pumped for you guys! Can't wait until you find out what you are having...will our new babies be best friends or young lovers?
No salsa?! Sad day!
Yeah! Getting over the sickness. I can't handle onions when I am pregnant either! Keep us updated on what kind of baby it is!!
I have often wondered if you were pregnant but haven't asked. So I am glad to say Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you. I am glad that you are over the sickness phase. That is never fun. When do you find out what you are having?
I should find out around the end of August. I'm dying to know too!
And I'm confident that salsa will return to my diet at some point.. hopefully soon :-).
Does this mean no grilled hamburgers for the rest of your pregnancy for Sunday meals? dang.
I'm confident that grilled burgers will also return to my diet. Hopefully about the time the tomatoes are ripe in my garden :-)
Really, now that I'm into the 2nd trimester, most food sounds ok. I even ate some salsa the other day.. yay!(still no hummus though).
Hey, where's Nathan?!?
I didn't mean to leave out all my adorable Dickson nephews/nieces(Nathan, Gracie, etc.), but I didn't have pictures handy.
:-)
Oh, and Elise, I can't stalk your blog anymore, can you add me as a reader?
Post a Comment